A Bluetooth wireless headset is the way to go if you really want the freedom to use your cell phone almost anywhere.
Bluetooth headsets are typically larger than wired headsets, mainly because the battery has to be included. This extra size will determine how the headset will feel once mounted around your ear.
The first thing that you want to evaluate is comfort. There are basically two styles of headsets. One style wraps around your ear and can be adjusted. I found this style to be the most comfortable. With the other style, you press it into your ear. I was not comfortable with this style. You however, may be different so give them both a try.
Here are some other things that you want to consider when selecting your Bluetooth headset.
Ease of Use and Ergonomics
* Are the control buttons easy to get to
* Can you easily adjust the volume level
* Do you understand the instructions in the manual
* Is there a support number to call if you have problems
* Can you easily put it on your ear and take it off
* Is it comfortable to wear for extended periods of time
* Can you use it if you wear glasses
* Can it be worn on either ear
* Is there something to store it in when not in use
* Check the weight – does it feel like it's falling off
Ask About and Check the Features
* How many other devices can you use it with
* Find out about the range of the headset
* Check the sound quality
* What's the battery life and battery type
* Find out the warranty period and what is covered
* How do you know if the battery needs to be charged
* Compatibility with other cell phones and devices
There are a lot of different styles of Bluetooth wireless headsets available. Go try some on. Get the look and feel that is right for you.